Solomon and Elizabeth had the following children:
1. Solomon Draper Jr. was born 1756 in Amelia County, Virginia, and died between 1827 and 1829 in Person County, NC.
2. William Draper Sr. was born 28 Mar 1760 and died 5 Feb 1818 in Henry County, Virginia.
3. Elizabeth Draper was born 1764 in Virginia, and died in 1842 in Person County, NC..
4. Frances Draper was born 1770 in Virginia, and died in 1859 in Person County, NC.
While initial evidence seemed to indicate William Franklin Draper was a grandson of William Draper Sr., it turns out William Franklin is the grandson of Solomon Draper Jr.]
1. Frances Draper
Frances Draper (Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born to Solomon Sr. in 1770 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. She died in 1859 in Person County, NC. Frances married Henry Royster on 8 Nov 1790 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia.1 Henry was born 1763 in Virginia, and died 1822 in Person County, N.C. His father, Joseph Royster, witnessed the marriage. Joseph was born in 1730 in Charles City, Virginia to David Royster, and married Anne “Nancy” Walker.
Frances and Henry had the following children:
1. James Wilkins Royster was born 1792 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia, and died Jan 1877 in Alabama. James married Mary “Polly” Wells on 2 Jun 1813 in Orange County, NC. Mary was born 1796 in Person County, N.C.. She died about 1870 in Alabama.
2. William Harrison Royster was born 1795 in Person County, Virginia. William married Nancy Mason on 19 Aug 1815 in Person County, Virginia.
3. Thomas Royster. Thomas married Louise Rivers HUGHS on 5 Feb 1833 in Caswell County, NC. Louise was born about 1815.
4. Mary “Polly” Royster. Mary married Edmund O”Grinstead, Jr.
5. Parthenia Royster was born about 1810. Parthenia married Robert BALL, who was born around 1798.
6. John Royster died 1856 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia. John married Frances “Fanny” Rice.
16 Oct 1816 - Person County. Henry and Frances witness to deed from John Mason to William Royster.2
1 Mar 1821 - Person County. James Royster, Edmund Grinstead and Polly Grinstead, his wife, relinquish unto Frances Royster, wife of Henry Royster, for $1,500 the Negro woman Lett and her increase which was purchased 16 May 1810.3
24 April 1843 - Person County N.C. Deed Bk. P, p. 175. Frances Royster of Person County N.C. having held under my father’s will a certain parcel of negroes said Frances Royster doth by these presents put in possession of her children James Royster, William Royster, John Royster, Thomas Royster, Mary Grinstead, and Parthenia H. Ball retains 8 other negroes for her support.4
2. Elizabeth Draper
Elizabeth Draper (Solomon, Thomas) was born in 1764 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia, and died in 1842 in Person County, NC. Elizabeth married Joseph Royster on 12 Dec 1791 in Mecklenburg County, Virginia.5 Joseph was the brother of Henry Royster, son of Joseph. Joseph Jr. was born around 1761 in Virginia, and died Oct 1836 in Person County, NC.
3 Sept 1836 – Joseph’s will was written 3 Sept 1836 and probated during the December Court Term of 1836.
Elizabeth and Joseph had the following children:
1. Hardison “Hardy” Monroe Royster was born 1794 and died about 1856.
2. Abel L. Royster was born 1794/1800 in North Carolina. He remained unmarried, and died about 1838.
3. John Royster was no longer in North Carolina by 1836.
4. Charles Harrison Royster was born 1800, and he died 14 Jan 1857.
5. Nancy Royster was born between 1802 and 1804.
6. William Royster was born between 1794 and 1804.
7. Granderson Royster.
8. Solomon Royster.
PAGE 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7