Martin and Polly Williams Draper had the following children:
1. Letitia Susan Draper, Martin’s oldest child (Martin, Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born on 19 June 1819 in Henry County, Virginia, and died on 20 Dec 1893 in Ardmore, Carter County, Arkansas. She married Charles Alfred Frensley on 16 March 1838 in Tennessee, but it isn’t known how she got there or whether she was married earlier. Over the course of her life Letitia seemed to settled numerous times across the country, from Henry County, Virginia, to Rutherford and Henry Counties in Tennessee, to Graves County, Kentucky and Cooke County, Texas, and finally to Carter County Arkansas.
Charles and Letia had the following children:
1. Martin Draper Frensley was born on 15 Nov 1839 in Tennessee and died 13 Dec 1861 in Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky.
2. Harrison Montgomery Frensley was born on 26 Feb 1842 in Ripley, Tippah County, Mississippi and died on 21 Oct 1926 in Duncan, Stephens County, Oklahoma.
3. Elizabeth Frensley was born 22 Aug 1844 in Water Valley, Graves County, Kentucky, and died 15 Oct 1878 in Whitesboro, Grayson County, Texas.
4. Benjamin Franklin Frensley was born on 11 Mar 1847 in Water Valley, Graves County, Kentucky, and died 17 Jan 1928 in Ardmore, Carter, Oklahoma.
5. Mary Jane Virginia Frensley was born 27 Sep 1849 in Water Valley, Graves County, Kentucky, and died on 2 January 1854 in Graves County, Kentucky.
6. Amanda Josephine Frensley was born on 5 Apr 1852 in Water Valley, Graves County, Kentucky and died 19 Feb 1936 in Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma.
7. George Washington Frensley was born on 3 Apr 1855 in Kentucky and died 15 Jan 1883 in Whitesboro, Grayson County, Texas.
8. Robert Belleville Jones Frensley was born on 12 February 1859 in Kentucky and died 16 July 1918 in Duncan, Stephens County, Oklahoma.
9. Nancy Alpha Frensley was born on 15 Jul 1862 in Kentucky and died 28 Aug 1948 in Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma.
Charles had two children by a previous marriage, Thomas Frensley, born in 1832, and Susan B. Frensley, born in 1834.
2. John Harrison Draper (Martin, Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born in 1822 in Henry County, Virginia., and died on 21 July 1891. John married Letitia Amanda Scott on 27 Jan 1848 in Franklin County Letitia was born in 1832 in Virginia. John moved from Franklin County to the Leatherwood area of Henry County during the 1850’s, after William moved to Cabel County with some of Mary’s siblings, the Goodes. By 1880 John moved the rest of his family to Rockingham County, Virginia. According to census records, John spent most of his life working as a tanner.
John and Letitia had the following children:
1. Charles Wesley Draper was born 1850 in Franklin County, Virginia, and died in 1939.
2. Michael Martin Draper was born 1853 in Virginia, and died in 1943.
3. Sarah Adams Draper was born 1852 in Virginia.
4. Leticia Emma Jane Draper was born 16 Sep 1856.
5. Rosalee Cornelia Draper was born 1858 in Virginia, and died in 1940.
6. Samuel Harrison Draper was born 1860 in Virginia.
7. William Lee Draper was born 1863 in Virginia.
8. John Taswell Draper was born 1868 in Virginia, and died in 1935.
9. Lillian Harrison Draper was born 1870 in Virginia, and died in 1960.
10. Roberta S. “Birdie” Draper was born 12 Feb 1872 and died 5 Jul 1897.
11. Sylvester Adams Draper was born 1875 in Virginia, and died in 1948.
3. William Franklin Draper (Martin, Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born 18 November 1824 in Henry County, Virginia, and died on 30 August 1896 in Springdale, Washington County, Arkansas. His children are listed in the next segment.
Martin and his second wife, Lucy Holcomb Draper, had the following child:
4. Mary Jane Draper (Martin, Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born in Henry County, Virginia, in July 1829 and died 5 January 1905 in Danville, Pittsylvania County, Virginia. She was the only daughter of Martin’s second wife. Mary married Solomon O. Stone, son of Eucebeous Stone and Elizabeth Draper, the daughter of Martin’s cousin, William D. Draper Jr., on 2 February 1849 in Franklin County, Virginia. (*1) Solomon was born 1830 in Henry County, Virginia. When Mary Jane married, John Harrison Draper provided bond.
In the 1850 Henry County census, Solomon Stone, 19, is living with his three brothers in the home of their grandparents, William D. and Frances Draper. William and Frances’ daughter Elizabeth died in 1838. In the 1860 Federal census, neither Solomon nor Mary are listed.
Solomon and Mary had the following children:
1. Susan E. Stone - born about 1850 in Virginia.
2. William M. Stone - born about 1852 in Virginia.
3. George Beauregard Stone- born 2 July 1861 and died between 1920 and 1930.
4. Lucy Jane Stone - born 28 October 1864 and died 27 April 1911.
According to the Danville Register, “Mrs. Mary Jane Stone died at the home of her son, Mr. George G. Stone at No. 671 Lee Street, at 7:30. Mrs. Stone is survived by two children, Mr. George B. Stone of this city and Mrs. J. H. Nunn of Martinsville. The remains will be taken to the old home in Henry county for interment at 6:30 o’clock . . .”
PAGE 1 | 2 | 3