Solomon and Joyce had the following children:
1. Elizabeth Draper
Elizabeth (Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born 1794 in Person County, NC. Elizabeth married Colman Mitchell on 5 January 1812 in Person County, NC. Thomas Wright provided Bond. Colman died between 1840 and 1850 in Henry County, Virginia. The family is not identified in the 1820 and 1830 census records.
Elizabeth and Colman had these children:
1. Unknown Female Mitchell was born between 1813 and 1820 in Virginia.
2. Unknown Male Mitchell was born between 1813 and 1820 in Virginia.
3. Granville Mitchell was born 1820.
4. Unknown Female Mitchell was born between 1820 and 1825 in Virginia.
5. Elizabeth Jane Mitchell was born 1825 in Henry County, Virginia. Elizabeth married Courtney W. Norman on 20 February 1843 in Henry County, Virginia.
2. Martin Draper
Martin (Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born in 1795 in Person County, NC, and died in 1878 in Henry County, Virginia.
3. Mary E. “Polly” Draper
Mary (Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born 16 February 1797 in NC, and died 16 November 1862 in Drew County, AR. Mary married James Trotter, son of William Trotter and Nancy, on 26 September 1813 in Person County, North Carolina. James was born 23 November 1777 in Brunswick County, Virginia, and died before 6 January 1845 in Somerville, Tennessee. His father, William, was living there at the time.
James bought land from Sterling Trotter in 1824, the year his father William died. His last deed in Person County was 1836 when he sold land on Sergeants Creek to his brother William. James Trotter was reported by Reginald Trotter, Jr. to have “died the death of a drunkard,” according to V. J. Trotter, James’ grandson, who actually never saw him and knew little about him. He probably died in Fayette County, TN, where he moved after sending his sons ahead to buy land. James Trotter is listed in the 1840 census of Fayette County, TN.
Cornelia Trotter Evan’s obituary (14 April 1888) states that she moved with her family to Fayette County, TN, at age 3. She was born 3 February 1833, so they would have moved in 1836. James’ estate was probated in early 1845. There was no will. Mary Draper Trotter was made guardian of the children, but this guardianship was taken over by the administrator of James’ estate in 1850.
An inheritance agreement upon the death of Mary E. Draper Trotter dated October 27,1862 established the division of her property and future rights among the siblings. Heirs listed were: Henry J. Trotter, Martitia O. Curl, Solomon E. Trotter, Cornelia F. Trotter, Thomas R. Trotter, Susan Elizabeth Hale, and Green T. Trotter. Missing were Wm B. Trotter, Ann M. Trotter (died young?) and Mary (N.) Trotter.
Mary and James had the following children:
1. William B. Trotter was born 7 November 1815 in Person County, NC and died before 9 October 1852.
2. Henry Jackson Trotter was born 11 April 1817 in Person County, NC and died 8 October 1893.
3. Martitia O. Trotter was born 26 May 1818 in Person County, NC. Martitia married C. B. Mayo, and was married to a Mr. Curl in 1862.
4. Ann M. Trotter was born 28 April 1820 in Person County, NC.
5. Solomon Trotter was born 1 June 1822 in Person County, NC.
6. Mary M. Trotter was born 17 May 1824 in Person County, NC.
7. Green T. Trotter was born 24 July 1827 in Person County, NC and died in 1866.
8. Cornelia Frances Trotter was born 3 February 1833 in Person County, NC and died 16 January 1888.
9. Elizabeth S. Trotter was born 25 August 1838 in Fayette County, TN, and died 8 May 1879 near Monticello, AR.
10. Thomas R. Trotter was born 20 November 1841 in Fayette County, TN.
4. John H. Draper, Sr.
John (Solomon Jr., Solomon Sr., Thomas) was born 1803 in Person County, NC. He married Temperance in Person County around the mid 1820’s, but a marriage record is not found. Temperance was born 1815 in TN, but her surname is unknown.
John and Temperance had the following children:
1. William Green Draper was born 1827 in Person County, NC.
2. Unknown Male Draper was born 1829.
3. John H. Draper Jr. was born 1832 in Person County, NC.
4. James B. Draper was born 4 July 1835 in McNairy County, TN.
5. Mary Jane Draper was born 14 December 1837 in McNairy County, TN.
6. Henry Draper was born 1840 in McNairy County, TN.
7. Elizabeth W. Draper was born 14 November 1841 in McNairy County, TN.
8. Rufus Draper was born 1843 in McNairy County, TN.
9. Virginia Paralee Draper was born 20 June 1845 in McNairy County, TN.
John’s middle initial has not been identified. His son was known as John H. Draper, Jr. John moved his family to McNairy County, TN, between 1833 and 1834. Solomon’s widow Joyce moved there as well
PAGE 1 | 2 | 3